Why Raise a Green Generation?
It is our children who will find answers to today’s biggest enviornmental concerns.
Changing the way we think about and address fuel, food, shelter, resources, and nature will be a direct result of the training and experiences we provide to the next generation.
At Stepping Stone Day School we are dedicated to raising a green generation.
How to Raise a Green Generation
Truly, they will become a GREEN GENERATION
Children learn best through fun activities:
- Planting and raising gardens
- Using “home-grown” products for school meals
- Making game-time out of recycling
- Finding ways to reuse rather than throw-away
- Reusing, Recycling, and Reducing
- Turn off, shut off, and save utilities
- Participating in community recycling events
Staff and Faculty
- Model Eco Behaviors
- Teach Sustainability Principles
- Lead Environmental Projects
Our Rain Garden captures storm water run off from our roof and sustains our garden instead of pumping the water into the city’s water system.